Description du projet
Our client is amongst the world leaders in developing and manufacturing industrial solutions designed for executing heavy duty and complex maintenance tasks in aggressive industrial environments.
He is looking for a Automation Engineer to join his Global Center of Excellence team located in Belgium.
In close collaboration with his fellows Drafters, Mechanical and Automation Engineers, the Automation Engineer will support the design of innovative and reliable robotic “concepts” into self-operating and value-adding/competitive robots.
His main responsibility will be engineering Automated Systems (PLC programming, sensors integration, network configuration, electrical engineering, function descriptions, functional analysis, etc) and related Mechatronics (robotics programming, vision-based robot guidance / identification / inspection, etc).
An open-ended (ODC/CDI) employment contract is proposed together with an attractive compensation package (including company car) and exciting career perspectives.
The position is based in Belgium and implies a substantial worldwide travel.
- Responsible for automation, electrical and mechatronics design work in respect to the technical specifications and project planned delivery mile stones.
- Organize and follow up the drafting work of the designer (draftsmen) on the home site and remote sites. Responsible for drawings check, approval and official release for manufacturing.
- Design as per the relevant norms, considering the manufacturing cost parameters at design stage.
- Coordination and technical support to Operations and Suppliers during manufacturing process.
- Validation of the new design and product development during the shop test
- Commissioning of the equipment at customer location
- Set up and maintenance of Design Rules to share best practices across the group.
- Report progress to the Project Manager and customers.
- Report and coordinate technical issues or products continuous improvement to the Product Manager.
- Handle the related technical documentation work.
- Master degree in Automation or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Min. 2 years of experience in Mechatronics/Automation Engineering projects, preferably on industrial robots.
- Proven skills in Electrical/Automation design (conception, calculation, equipment selection, detail engineering design)
- PLC programming (Siemens S7 / TIA)
- Understanding of heavy industry maintenance context
- Fluent English
- Opened to extensive (30%) international traveling