Description du projet
Our client is amongst the world leaders in developing and manufacturing industrial robots designed for executing heavy duty and complex tasks in aggressive industrial environments.
He is looking for an experienced Mechatronics Lead Engineer to join his recently opened R&D and Center of Excellence in Belgium.
In close collaboration with his fellow Automation and R&D Engineers, the Mechatronics Engineer will be instrumental in transforming innovative robotic “concepts” into reliable, self-operating and competitive equipment.
An open-ended (ODC/CDI) employment contract is proposed together with an attractive compensation package (including company car) and exciting career perspectives.
Main activities include
- Design, develop/acquire, prototype, test and industrialize multi-tooling / multi-tasks / complex movements robotic solutions, aiming at minimizing human intervention and related risks.
- Support the FAT, coordinate commissioning services and launch activities related to systems on customer’s sites.
- Provide expertise and technical assistance services to local teams and customers.
- Assess tooling & robotic equipment vendors and manage vendor relationships and procurement/logistics.
- Coordinate and review robotic engineering sub-contracted works
- Electro-mechanical Engineering degree, preferably focused on Automation / Mechatronics
- Experience in developing robot tooling and vision systems, for robots operating in heavy duty/high temperature environments (mining, steel, foundry, cement, glass,…)
- Programming experience on robotic equipment (Kuka, Fanuc,…), PLC (Siemens, Bradley,..), user of SCADA applications
- Experience in process design (PID’s) and dimensioning (mass & energy), multidisciplinary field experience (hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, valves,…)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, autonomy and initiatives
- Fluent English
- Flexible (30% travel mainly Americas & Europe