Our client is an innovative biotech company with advanced expertise a.o. in the development of Exosome-based drugs for the treatment of solid oncologic tumors.
He is looking for his Director Discovery – Onco-regeneration (m/f).
His/her main responsibilities will be:
- To gather and lead a team of scientists dedicated to basic science research on Exosome-based drug development programs (proprietary or partnered).
- To lead all operational Discovery activities, investigating a variety of solid oncologic tumors and the ways cellular differentiation and proliferation (onco-regeneration) is controlled by proteins, micro-RNA’s and messaging RNA’s delivered by Exosomes (extra-cellular vesicles).
- To coordinate a consortium (4 partners), leveraging on their specific strengths and specialties (production of exosomal microRNA, scalable isolation and purification processes for exosome manufacturing, in vivo safety & efficacy of animal models, surface characterization expertise to produce targeting exosomes) in order to complete all work packages needed to be ready for clinical trial launch and for capital market ambitious call within 3 to 4 years.
The Discovery Director will report to the Chief Scientific Officer.
An open-ended employment contract is proposed together with an attractive compensation package (including company car) and exciting career perspectives.
- You identify, hire/gather and manage your own team of Exosome scientists, ensuring their appropriate training, coaching and mentoring.
- You set ambitious but realistic and regularly reviewed discovery objectives and milestones, ensuring they are aligned with Corporate goals and constraints
- You are responsible to possibly prevent or solve technical and scientific issues that may affect attainment of discovery objectives and milestones
- You provide scientific, operational and technical leadership and expertise (in vitro) to the Oncology group
- You animate multi-disciplinary works aimed at identifying new diseases treatable by exosome approach
- You collaborate with other R&D groups to design the promising exosome-based drugs and test them in relevant disease models (in vivo)
- You deliver Research reports, and ensure documentation of experiments and record keeping are compliant with data integrity policies
- You ensure on time provision of data and documentation required for IP filings and for regulatory submissions
- You regularly report discovery projects evolution and risks to the Management Team.
- PhD in a Medical Science, or a Pharmacology or a Biology field .
- Min. 5 years industry / post-PhD drug development experience, preferably based on extra-cellular vesicles techniques
- Oncology drug developer, experienced in testing drugs and advancing them from inception to Investigational New Drug and Clinical Trial Application stages
- Understanding of the molecular basis of diseases and gene/biologic therapies, experience in identifying biomarkers.
- Ability to identify new diseases amenable to a specific treatment
- Accustomed to collaborate with academics and industry partners
- Successful track record in submitting and gaining grants
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly on complex scientific topics