Our client is amongst the world leaders in manufacturing refractories and flow control equipment for steel casting and foundry installations.
He is looking for a Research & Product Development Engineer to join his Global R&D and Engineering Center in Belgium (Mons).
He will be instrumental in developing and applying material science concepts and new technologies to develop new products, processes and application at global level.
He will also improve the fundamental understanding of how client’s processes influence product performances, and what are the mechanisms causing product failures.
An open-ended (ODC/CDI) employment contract is proposed together with an attractive compensation package and exciting career perspectives.
- To lead new product development projects to provide improved product performance or value
- To design and to carry out experiments (centrally and at client’s sites) in support of new product development projects
- To design and to carry out experiments to increase fundamental understanding of products and processes
- To identify and to implement improvements in R&D tests, processes and equipment to yield a safer working environment and better quality R&D results
- To collaborate with internal colleagues and external scientists and to monitor technology advances in literature, conferences and trade shows
- Master’s or Ph.D Degree in Materials or Ceramic Science/Engineering or Civil Engineering or related field
- Significant knowledge of applied materials science and engineering is required (refractories/ceramics is a plus)
- Knowledge in material processing (raw material mixing, pressing, heat treatments, coating) and of material characterization (powder properties, mechanical tests, corrosion tests, microstructure characterization, …)
- Familiar with thermo-mechanical simulation (quasi-brittle materials) and modelling
- Understanding of steelmaking processes
- Project management skills and autonomy, presentation skills
- Fluent English
- Travel flexibility (20%)